Invented in 1925, Sakura Color Products of Osaka, Japan, formulated Cray-Pas® oil pastels with premium quality pigments, wax and oil. The motivation was to provide school children with a blend-able, smooth textured art material to help promote creativity and self-expression.
See Cray-pas History to discover invention details!
With innovation, first-class ingredients, and the belief of an individual’s Power to Express® at its core, the company expanded the family offering, which now consists of Junior Artist®, Expressionist®, and Specialist®. Today, the finest elements continue to make up Cray-Pas® oil pastels. And the Cray-Pas® family is ideally suited to compliment technique and expression development from childhood through high school, college, and into the professional level.
Extremely smooth to apply, high school students, hobbyists and artists can express their spirit with broad strokes, blending colors, to build texture and depth. From dramatic to muted, flamboyant to quiet, the color range allows users to convey any inspired feeling or imaginative image. Expressionist® Extender assists in the creation of color hues that further extends the visual possibilities of the final art form.
Cray-Pas® Expressionist® features:
Cray-Pas® Expressionist® availability:
- Extra fine quality pigment formulation
- Meets non-toxicity requirements
- Suitable for many surfaces: paper, cardboard, canvas and wood
- Easy to compose portraits, landscapes, still-life, abstracts, scratch art, and wall art & stenciling
- A round jumbo size shape stick: 10 mm diameter x 71 mm length
- 48 total colors - sold as open stock and in sets View Color Chart here.
- NEW Multi-cultural 12 pc set offers a realistic palette of natural skin tones
- Expressionist® Extender is available in a 12 stick set
Not recommended for use on fabrics intended to be washed. Not evaluated for cosmetic use on skin. Meets ACMI non-toxicity standards.